Millennials, defined as individuals born between 1981 and 1996, have grown up in a world where technology is integrated in almost every facet of daily life, both personal and professional. Globally, there are approximately 2.5 billion Millennials. That’s a lot of social status updates!
Did you know as a tech-savvy generation, they make fabulous manufacturing engineers?
Most were chief technology officers in their own homes as they grew up. With their highly technical skill sets, they are uniquely equipped to handle the digital age of manufacturing, and its unique challenges as well.
Common Traits of a Millennial Manufacturing Engineer:
- They embrace innovation. They thirst for it. They celebrate it.
- They are hungry for continuous improvement and utilize technology to make processes simpler and more efficient.
- They have “can-do” attitudes. They love to roll-up their sleeves and problem solve.
- They want to do interesting things. They are curious by nature and are motivated by knowledge.
- They want to work with interesting people and companies with interesting back stories.
- They enjoy making the world a better place through their work.
- They love flexibility in their work day. They often work even in their off hours.
As an OEM, how do you tap into the talent pool of Millennial manufacturing engineers?
Well, you call Flexware Innovation, Inc. of course. As a trusted manufacturing engineer placement firm, we have assisted OEMs nationwide with identifying Millennial engineering talent to fill key automation and control engineering positions.
We’d love to hear more about your organization and your hiring needs. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Having a lifelong love affair with learning. Intrigued by unique, authentic, and passionate people.