IGNITION CORE TRAINING
FISHERS, IN (Indianapolis Suburb)
Hosted by Flexware Innovation in cooperation with Inductive Automation
Hands-on, Ignition Core Training
NOTE ABOUT CLASS FORMAT: This is an in-person, hands-on class taking place in Fishers, Indiana (Indianapolis suburb).
Flexware Innovation is conducting this 5-day training course covering the core features of Ignition by Inductive Automation. Whether you are a new user to Ignition or an existing user looking to discover the full breadth of Ignition’s capabilities, this is the course for you! You will get an in-depth look at the architecture of Ignition, involving the interactions between PLCs and SQL databases. You will learn how successful projects are planned and executed from start to finish. Both Vision and Perspective will be used in class for HMI design.
The course is 5 days long with class from 9 AM – 4 PM Eastern Time on Monday through Thursday and from 9 AM – 12 PM on Friday with time for Q&A from 1 – 4 PM. The curriculum includes lecture, demonstration, and the creation of a live project that gives each student hands-on experience with all major features of Ignition. The format of the course encourages students to ask questions relevant to specific projects they have planned.
Here are a few of the topics that will be covered (full itinerary below under download):
- Connect to PLCs and SQL Databases
- Ignition Tags (OPC, Memory, Expression, Complex UDT)
- Tag Historian
- Transaction Groups
- Vision Clients, Windows, & Navigation
- Components, Properties, and Bindings
- Visualization Templates and Indirection
- Alerting and Notification
- Security & Authentication
- Perspective Pages, Views, & Components
- And more…
Next Class: August 15-19, 2022
Reese Tyson is an Ignition Team Lead at Flexware Innovation where he has a vast background of industry experience ranging from water and waste water, food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, etc. You may best know him from when he competed live at the 2021 Ignition Community Conference Build-a-thon! Reese started out his career in the PLC and automation industry before getting bit by the Ignition bug and working solely in the Ignition space ever since. Now, Reese’s role consists of architecting large Ignition systems, creating world-class Ignition solutions, managing a team of Ignition developers, and staying involved in the Ignition community.
James Oeswein is a Technical Consultant and former Ignition Team Lead at Flexware Innovation. He has over 14 years of experience providing manufacturing and product development services across multiple industries, including: General industrial, automotive, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, and general laboratory operations. James has also operated across multiple engineering discipline life cycles, including: Software and hardware engineering, process and industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, automation engineering, and systems engineering and integration. He has served as an engineer, architect, project manager, and technical advisor across dozens of engagements involving the Ignition platform. James prides himself on discovering and documenting functional requirements and delivering robust Ignition integrations that meet or exceed the needs of his customers.
Registration Fee Details
Standard Workshop Fees: $2,750 USD
- Included in the registration fee is use of a classroom laptop, all class materials, lunch each day of training, refreshments throughout the class (coffee, soft drinks, snacks), and a few evening activities. All travel costs are responsibility of each participant.
- This is an in-person class located in Central Indiana. No virtual options are available for this class. For virtual training, please see the schedule of classes on Inductive Automation’s website.
- First Attendee: $2,750 USD
- Each Additional Attendee: $2,200 USD
- Totalcare support discounts do not apply to Flexware Innovation hosted classes.
- Cancellation received 30 days or more of the class start date will receive a 100% refund minus a 3% administrative and processing fee (4% for cancellations outside of the U.S.).
- Cancellation received with less than 30 days notice is is not eligible for refund, but participant will receive credit good for a make-up class within 12 months of cancellation OR the registration is fully transferable to another individual without penalty. Please inform organizers of changes.
After a full day of learning join fellow students and facilitators for fun and relaxing evening activities in and around Indianapolis.
These hotels are within a 5 minute drive of Flexware’s offices.
Use the Indianapolis International Airport (IND) if traveling by air. Expect a 40-minute drive from the airport to Flexware’s headquarters at 12 Municipal Drive, Fishers, IN 46038.
August 15-19, 2022
Monday – Thursday
– 9:00AM-4:00 PM EDT
– 9:00AM-1:00PM EDT
This is an in-person class located in Central Indiana. No virtual options are available for this class. For virtual training, please see the schedule of classes on Inductive Automation’s website.
12 Municipal Drive
Fishers, IN 46038
$2,750 USD (single attendee or first attendee in a group)
$2,200 USD (additional attendees in a group)
For more information, please contact Ashley Miller by email or by calling 574-312-0160.
Space is limited. Register today!
Can’t attend these dates?
Subscribe and be the first to know when dates are published.
Important Parking Instructions
Your map application will get you to Flexware’s headquarters, but likely not to the correct parking lot. On the North side of the building is a large parking lot with more than 50 spaces (pictured below). This is the lot you want and the closest to the correct entrance.
Ignition Core Training Registration
LOCATION: Register for the in-person Ignition Core Training at Flexware Innovation in Fishers, Indiana.
GROUP DISCOUNTS NOTE: The first person of a group must use the standard registration fee of $2,750 USD. All remaining group member are invited to register with the $2,200 USD registration link.