Leadership Workshop: Develop a Business Value Map to Navigate Emerging Technology
Wednesday, October 5, 2023
10:00AM – 3:00 PM EDT
Flexware Innovation’s Headquarters
A Proven, Practical Approach
to Navigate Emerging Technology
There’s no shortage of new technologies available to manufacturers. One question we always get is, “Where do I start?” How do we decide what technologies to implement? And when to implement? Start with the problem. What business problem are you trying to solve? And in what order should problems be solved? Finally, what technologies are best suited to solve those problems? Let Jason Toschlog, Flexware Chief Technology Officer, introduce you to a decision making framework called the Business Value Map. It’s a proven and practical approach which will serve as a common platform for your entire team.
This is a collaborative and strategic workshop aimed at equipping leaders with the knowledge and tools to navigate the complexities of digital transformation. This intensive session focuses on developing a comprehensive Business Value Map that aligns technology initiatives with organizational goals to maximize return on investment.
- Learn how to create a Business Value Map to evaluate and guide digital transformation initiatives.
- Explore techniques for assessing and prioritizing technology investments.
- Identify key drivers and challenges associated with digital transformation.
- Gain insights into change management strategies to ensure successful implementation.
- Develop a Business Value Map unique to your organization.
- Executives, senior managers, and decision-makers in manufacturing and related industries who are leading or involved in digital transformation initiatives.
- Participants should have a basic understanding of digital technologies and their impact on business operations.
Format and Activities:
- The workshop will run from 10AM-3PM and consist of a blend of presentations, case studies, group discussions, and hands-on exercises.
- Participants will have opportunities to collaborate with peers, share experiences, and apply the concepts learned to real-world scenarios.
- Expert facilitators will provide guidance and facilitate interactive sessions to ensure an engaging and informative learning experience.
- Attendees will receive a comprehensive spreadsheet which provides you and your team with a common tool and framework to evaluate emerging technologies against business drivers.
- Walk away with actionable next steps for your own digital transformation.
This is an invitation-only workshop designed for manufacturing executives representing both IT and OT. You may request an invitation. If you receive an official invitation your next step will be to register for the event. A $149 fee per person will assessed upon registration. Credit card payment required.
This is an invitation-only event. If you have not received an invitation, please contact us.
Facilitator: Jason Toschlog
Jason Toschlog is the Chief Technology Officer at Flexware Innovation and has been delivering enterprise-grade manufacturing systems and solutions to some of the world’s largest, most complex manufacturing firms for over 25 years. In addition to understanding the technology of devices and protocols as well as ERP systems and databases, he earnestly listens and designs solutions that solve the essential business problems. In this era of technical hype regarding IoT, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Big Data, Toschlog draws from relevant experience to lead his customers in practical ways, always focusing on enhancing their businesses. He has spent time researching and experimenting with network security, pattern detection with neural networks, and vision-based object detection.
Under Toschlog’s leadership on Flexware’s Executive Team, Flexware has grown from a small systems integrator with a handful of engineers to a company approaching 200 employees serving companies across North America and around the globe. It was Flexware’s recognized role as a manufacturing technology leader that led Hitachi to acquire the company in 2022. Since that time, he has worked at finding synergies with Hitachi Group companies in the U.S., Europe, and in Japan. Toschlog holds a degree in Computer Integrated Manufacturing Technology from Purdue University.
Facilitator: Brent Mehringer
Brent Mehringer serves as a Technical Consultant and Enterprise Solutions Architecture for Flexware and our customers. His industry knowledge and leadership allows him to guide clients through the complexities of manufacturing information system at an enterprise level.
Mehringer served 6 years as Systems Engineer with Rockwell Automation, 5 years in IT management with a cabinet manufacturer, and a combined 8 years of service to the technology needs of Flexware customers in Pharma, Automotive, Metals, Food & Beverage, and more. This diversity and depth of manufacturing technology experience allows him to keep solutions centered around solving the most difficult business challenges.
All Times Eastern
9:45AM – 10:00AM
10:00AM – 10:30AM
10:30AM – 11:15AM
Business Value Map
11:15AM – 12:00PM
and BVM Application
12:00PM – 12:45PM
Lunch & Networking
1:00PM – 2:00PM
BVM Breakout Sessions
2:00PM – 3:00PM
Q&A & Wrap-up