Flexware exists to unleash the potential of technology, freeing people to focus on what’s next.
Our promise to our employees is to have a positive and lasting impact on you and your family by creating a healthy and engaging work environment.
What it means to be a Flexdog
Mission first, troops always.
At some point over the last 20 years, the term “Flexdogs” was coined for our team members here at Flexware. It is a strong and endearing term that speaks to our character.
Our inspiration comes from building innovative technology solutions that free people to focus on what’s next. Guided by our core values, we do our work in a manner that leaves a positive and lasting impact on everyone around us. This is what makes us different. This is what makes us Flexdogs.
What is a Flexdog?
Sometime in the last 20 years, the term “Flexdogs” was coined for our team members here at Flexware. It is a strong and endearing term that speaks to our character.
As Flexdogs, we don’t believe we’re meant to sit around and do nothing. We want to get out and run, we want to be pulling and leading, we want to be blazing new trails and helping our customers get where they need to go.
The benefits of working at Flexware
We differentiate ourselves by our culture and the way we treat our employees.
- Open PTO (We recognize that vacation and personal time is essential to maintaining a positive work-life balance)
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
- HSA/FSA Options
- 401k with Matching
- $40 Monthly Health Club Credit
- Employee Referral Program
- Internal Lunch & Learns
- Fun Employee Activities
- Quarterly Company Meetings
- Modern Work Space (New Building Coming Soon!)
Join the Flexware team
The FlexDogs say the company is a fast-paced fun place to work where everyone’s contribution is valued. The company’s growth creates new opportunities for team members, and personal and professional growth is supported and encouraged. Trust is important at Flexware. It starts at the top with Scott Whitlock’s belief that Flexware’s success depends on everyone’s contribution and personal growth.
Flexware wants to hear from talented professionals who want to leverage their knowledge, skills, and experience to help clients solve complex business problems. If you have strong technical skills, keen business sense, and the ability to grow both professionally and personally, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Business Intelligence Developer
Department: Business Intelligence Team
Office: Headquarters, IN
Location: Fishers, IN
Flexware Innovation is a leading technology integrator who helps forward thinkers in manufacturing and related industries build comprehensive and long-lasting solutions with ease.
Founded in 1996, Flexware continues to help companies leverage technology to solve real business problems with teams of engineers focused on software development, automation engineering, manufacturing systems integration, business intelligence, and Internet of Things (IoT) devices. Our passion is helping our customers build solutions that stand the test of time by creating solid architecture and helping customers avoid costly design mistakes.
You will work with customers to provide the overall scope of a project as well as the implementation of the solution using the necessary tools and technologies. You will be a technical leader for both the customer and for other Flexware Business Intelligence developers. You will have the ability to mentor both customers and team members on best practices as well as collaborate on final technical solutions.
Given this is a consulting role, and every project is different, these are some areas of concentration:
- Assist clients by helping to develop end to end solutions
- Understand the business issues and data challenges of Flexware’s clients and translate them to specific requirements to complete the project on-time.
- Design and develop these solutions using proper tools which could include but are not limited to:
- Microsoft Azure and other cloud solutions
- Microsoft Power BI or other visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik, etc.)
- Microsoft SSIS and other Data Extraction tools
- Microsoft SSRS
- Design and develop data warehouses and databases from the ground up
- Deploy reporting and dashboard solutions to customers once development is completed
- Develop and/or assist in custom and complex queries in SQL and Oracle databases
- Work independently or with other team members as projects demand
- Perform other duties as necessary
Flexware is looking for an individual that is willing to step in where necessary and assist in the success of customer projects. We are looking for a can-do attitude and someone that exemplifies all four Core Values of Flexware.
Flexdogs are a rare breed of engineers. They come from varied backgrounds but will have some of the following traits for this role:
- Received a Technical Bachelor’s Degree such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Technology, or similar technical degree
- Worked with database design, database schema design, database programming, data analysis for at least 4+ years
- Developed relational database schema design
- Experience with advanced visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik, or PowerBI
- Experience working with Cloud BI tools such as AWS or Azure
- Experience working with other BI tools such as Microsoft’s SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, PowerBI and/or other BI tools
- Experience creating global BI solutions is a plus
FLEXWARE’S CORE PURPOSE AND BELIEFS
Flexware’s purpose is to unleash the potential of technology, freeing people to focus on what’s next.
Our internal promise to our Flexdogs is to have an impact on families by providing a healthy and engaging work environment. We believe to be a Flexdog you have to fit our four core values as we live these out on a daily basis.
Flexware offers a competitive salary, benefits package, and a semi-annual profit-sharing bonus. Our environment is fun, family-friendly, energetic and was nominated for TechPoint’s Mira Award for “Company Culture of the Year” in 2017, and nominated for 4 awards from Powerderkeg's 2019 Indiana Breakout Tech Culture Awards.
Flexware has two Indiana-based offices located in Fishers and Valparaiso. As our business continues to grow, we are building a new headquarters building in the Nickel Plate District of downtown Fishers.
If you’re interested in becoming a Flexdog, let’s have a conversation! Please reach out to Matt Heiden at email@example.com. Your inquiry and conversation will be treated with confidentiality and we will not share your information with others. We look forward to speaking with you!