Flexware exists to unleash the potential of technology, freeing people to focus on what’s next.
Our promise to our employees is to have a positive and lasting impact on you and your family by creating a healthy and engaging work environment.
What it means to be a Flexdog
Mission first, troops always.
At some point over the last 20 years, the term “Flexdogs” was coined for our team members here at Flexware. It is a strong and endearing term that speaks to our character.
Our inspiration comes from building innovative technology solutions that free people to focus on what’s next. Guided by our core values, we do our work in a manner that leaves a positive and lasting impact on everyone around us. This is what makes us different. This is what makes us Flexdogs.
What is a Flexdog?
Sometime in the last 20 years, the term “Flexdogs” was coined for our team members here at Flexware. It is a strong and endearing term that speaks to our character.
As Flexdogs, we don’t believe we’re meant to sit around and do nothing. We want to get out and run, we want to be pulling and leading, we want to be blazing new trails and helping our customers get where they need to go.
The benefits of working at Flexware
We differentiate ourselves by our culture and the way we treat our employees.
- Open PTO (We recognize that vacation and personal time is essential to maintaining a positive work-life balance)
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
- HSA/FSA Options
- 401k with Matching
- $40 Monthly Health Club Credit
- Employee Referral Program
- Internal Lunch & Learns
- Fun Employee Activities
- Quarterly Company Meetings
- Modern Work Space (New Building Coming Soon!)
Join the Flexware team
The FlexDogs say the company is a fast-paced fun place to work where everyone’s contribution is valued. The company’s growth creates new opportunities for team members, and personal and professional growth is supported and encouraged. Trust is important at Flexware. It starts at the top with Scott Whitlock’s belief that Flexware’s success depends on everyone’s contribution and personal growth.
Flexware wants to hear from talented professionals who want to leverage their knowledge, skills, and experience to help clients solve complex business problems. If you have strong technical skills, keen business sense, and the ability to grow both professionally and personally, send your resume to email@example.com
Office: Valparaiso Office, IN
Location: Valparaiso, IN
WHAT FLEXWARE DOES
Flexware Innovation is a leading technology integrator who helps forward thinkers in manufacturing and related industries build comprehensive and long-lasting solutions with ease.
Founded in 1996, Flexware continues to help companies leverage technology to solve real business problems. Flexware has teams of engineers focused on industrial controls, manufacturing systems integration, software development, business intelligence, and Internet of Things (IoT) devices. Our passion is helping our customers build solutions that stand the test of time by creating solid architecture and helping customers avoid costly design mistakes.WHAT YOU WILL DO
Flexware is always looking to hire top talent. Currently, we do not have any immediate openings but enjoy having conversations with potential Flexdogs. If the responsibilities below interest you, feel free to reach out!
As an Automation Engineer, you’ll build customer-centric solutions to their automation and controls roadblocks. You’ll become a trusted advisor to Flexware’s clients in order to improve their plant’s performance. You will be challenged to come up with innovative solutions that will free our customers to focus on what they do best. As a consultant, you will work with a multitude of technologies depending on what the client’s needs are. Here are SOME of the technologies and responsibilities that you could expect on a daily basis:
- Program and install PLC’s, HMI/SCADA systems, and VFD’s of all varieties.
- Work with networking components such as Ethernet/IP, ControlNet, or DeviceNet
- Responsible for automation and controls system design, specifications, programming, simulation, testing, as well as start-up assistance.
- Assist in developing a functional description of the automation solution such as the control scheme, alarms, HMI, reports, and others.
- Calibrate, troubleshoot, test, repair, and improve sensing, measurements, and actuation devices
- Assist in defining the data structure layout and data flow model
- Provide detailed documentation to clients on systems designs and programming
- Perform other duties or work with other technologies as necessary
Flexware is looking for individuals that are willing to step in where necessary and help our clients be successful. We are looking for someone that is not afraid to get their hands dirty and be of service to others.
**Please note we are not interviewing individuals that require sponsorship now or in the future.**WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE DONE BEFORE
Flexdogs are a rare breed of engineers. They come from varied backgrounds but typically have the following traits:
- Received a Technical Bachelor’s degree such as Computer Technology, Computer Systems Technology, Information Systems, or similar technical degree
- Have several years of experience (5+) as a Controls or Automation Engineer
- Programmed PLC’s using RSLogix500, RSLogix5000/Studio5000, Siemens Step7 or TIA Portal and other PLC’s using Ladder Logic, Structured Text, Function Blocks or Sequential Function Charts (SFC’s)
- Designed, created, and programmed HMI Screens in Wonderware InTouch (highly preferred) FactortyTalk View, Ignition, or others.
- Worked with networking components
- Worked with Variable Frequency Drives (VFD’s)
Flexware’s purpose is to unleash the potential of technology, freeing people to focus on what’s next.
Our internal promise to our Flexdogs is to have an impact on you and your family by creating a healthy and engaging work environment. We believe to be a Flexdog you live out our four core values in your personal and professional life.
Flexware offers a competitive salary, benefits package, and a semi-annual profit-sharing bonus. Our environment is fun, family-friendly, energetic and was nominated for TechPoint’s Mira Award for “Company Culture of the Year” in 2017.
Flexware has two Indiana-based offices located in Fishers and Valparaiso. As our business continues to grow, we are building a new headquarters building in the Nickel Plate District of downtown Fishers.
If you’re interested in becoming a Flexdog, let’s have a conversation! Please reach out to Matt Heiden at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your inquiry and conversation will be treated with confidentiality and we will not share your information with others. We look forward to speaking with you!