Flexware exists to unleash the potential of technology, freeing people to focus on what’s next.
Our promise to our employees is to have a positive and lasting impact on you and your family by creating a healthy and engaging work environment.
What it means to be a Flexdog
Mission first, troops always.
At some point over the last 20 years, the term “Flexdogs” was coined for our team members here at Flexware. It is a strong and endearing term that speaks to our character.
Our inspiration comes from building innovative technology solutions that free people to focus on what’s next. Guided by our core values, we do our work in a manner that leaves a positive and lasting impact on everyone around us. This is what makes us different. This is what makes us Flexdogs.
Meet some of the Flexdogs
As Flexdogs, we don’t believe we’re meant to sit around and do nothing. We want to get out and run, we want to be pulling and leading, we want to be blazing new trails and helping our customers get where they need to go.
The benefits of working at Flexware
We differentiate ourselves by our culture and the way we treat our employees.
- Open PTO (We recognize that vacation and personal time is essential to maintaining a positive work-life balance)
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
- HSA/FSA Options
- 401k with Matching
- $40 Monthly Health Club Credit
- Employee Referral Program
- Internal Lunch & Learns
- Fun Employee Activities
- Quarterly Company Meetings
- Modern Work Space (New Building Coming Soon!)
Join the Flexware team
The FlexDogs say the company is a fast-paced fun place to work where everyone’s contribution is valued. The company’s growth creates new opportunities for team members, and personal and professional growth is supported and encouraged. Trust is important at Flexware. It starts at the top with Scott Whitlock’s belief that Flexware’s success depends on everyone’s contribution and personal growth.
Flexware wants to hear from talented professionals who want to leverage their knowledge, skills, and experience to help clients solve complex business problems. If you have strong technical skills, keen business sense, and the ability to grow both professionally and personally, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Office: Flexware Customer, IN
Location: Columbus, IN
WHAT FLEXWARE DOES
Flexware Innovation is a leading technology integrator who helps forward thinkers in manufacturing and related industries build comprehensive and long-lasting solutions with ease.
Founded in 1996, Flexware continues to help companies leverage technology to solve real business problems. Flexware has teams of engineers focused on industrial controls, manufacturing systems integration, software development, business intelligence, and Internet of Things (IoT) devices. Our passion is helping our customers.
One way we help our customers is by assisting them in finding top engineering talent. Flexware is assisting one of their clients near Columbus, IN as they search for an Engineering Manager. Please note, this position is not with Flexware, you will be a full-time employee of one of Flexware's customers.WHAT YOU WILL DO
As the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for production equipment maintenance, managing new program implementations, and continual improvement of line processes. You will support the production areas by managing the Engineering Technicians on staff and supporting the new production line implementations in the facility locations while maintaining all equipment is meeting proper standards and service agreements. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Manage Engineering Techs and production Engineer
- Develop and manage tooling suppliers and packaging concepts
- Manage new program implementation and production support while keeping production equipment and programs running
- Support new production line implementations into final locations while maintaining implementation timelines and schedules
- Coordinate with management, production, and quality for specifications and procedures while continuing improvement and cost-saving programs
- Support trial/prototype builds and production runs and be responsible for service parts to meet customer requirements
- Ensure all equipment is meeting the standards to produce quality parts
- Responsible for training, directing, and developing tech support personnel
- Working hours are 6:30 - 3:30 Monday-Friday with some overtime dependent on customer requirements and demands
Flexware's customer is looking for someone that has experience and competencies in the following areas:
- Received a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.
- Have at least 8 years of experience working in a manufacturing setting (ideally in automotive) with at least 3 years of Production Management or in a Supervisor Setting
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and capabilities with a deep understanding of mechanical functions and electrical components.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Proficient in SolidWorks or other 3-D design programs
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and ability to be confident in making manufacturing decisions
- Formal LEAN and Six Sigma training is a plus
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity with Flexware's customers, please apply to this position or reach out directly to Matt Heiden at email@example.com for more details. We look forward to hearing from you!