Flexware exists to unleash the potential of technology, freeing people to focus on what’s next.
Our promise to our employees is to have a positive and lasting impact on you and your family by creating a healthy and engaging work environment.
What it means to be a Flexdog
Mission first, troops always.
At some point over the last 20 years, the term “Flexdogs” was coined for our team members here at Flexware. It is a strong and endearing term that speaks to our character.
Our inspiration comes from building innovative technology solutions that free people to focus on what’s next. Guided by our core values, we do our work in a manner that leaves a positive and lasting impact on everyone around us. This is what makes us different. This is what makes us Flexdogs.
Meet some of the Flexdogs
As Flexdogs, we don’t believe we’re meant to sit around and do nothing. We want to get out and run, we want to be pulling and leading, we want to be blazing new trails and helping our customers get where they need to go.
The benefits of working at Flexware
We differentiate ourselves by our culture and the way we treat our employees.
- Open PTO (We recognize that vacation and personal time is essential to maintaining a positive work-life balance)
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
- HSA/FSA Options
- 401k with Matching
- $40 Monthly Health Club Credit
- Employee Referral Program
- Internal Lunch & Learns
- Fun Employee Activities
- Quarterly Company Meetings
- Modern Work Space (New Building Coming Soon!)
Join the Flexware team
The FlexDogs say the company is a fast-paced fun place to work where everyone’s contribution is valued. The company’s growth creates new opportunities for team members, and personal and professional growth is supported and encouraged. Trust is important at Flexware. It starts at the top with Scott Whitlock’s belief that Flexware’s success depends on everyone’s contribution and personal growth.
Flexware wants to hear from talented professionals who want to leverage their knowledge, skills, and experience to help clients solve complex business problems. If you have strong technical skills, keen business sense, and the ability to grow both professionally and personally, send your resume to email@example.com
Senior Ignition/MES Developer
Department: Integration Team
Office: Headquarters, IN
Location: Fishers, IN
WHAT FLEXWARE DOES
Flexware Innovation is a leading technology integrator who helps forward thinkers in manufacturing and related industries build comprehensive and long-lasting solutions with ease.
Founded in 1996, Flexware continues to help companies leverage technology to solve real business problems with teams of engineers focused on software development, automation engineering, manufacturing systems integration, business intelligence, and Internet of Things (IoT) devices. Our passion is helping our customers build solutions that stand the test of time by creating solid architecture and helping customers avoid costly design mistakes.WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will be responsible for deploying and supporting client projects on Flexware’s Integration Team, specifically around the Ignition platform from Inductive Automation. This could include working with a multitude of technologies such as PLC's, OPC Servers, HMI and SCADA development, custom software development, integrating databases, working with data historians and OEE’s, among other things. You will be responsible for engaging with the customer, guiding and leading them through solutions, and ultimately delivering successful projects. Given this is a consulting role, these are some of the things you can expect to do:
- Manage projects and provide guidance during establishment of business requirements, white boarding sessions, workshops, providing scope of projects, and high-level design of a solution.
- Work with customers to ensure successful implementation of Ignition projects.
- Interact with customers allowing you to use a broad range of technical skills including but not limited to:
- SQL and Oracle Database Development
- HMI Screen development
- Working knowledge of PLC hardware and software
- Interact in multiple environments with customers and fellow Engineers; both Flexdogs and customers.
- Assisting other resources to provide solutions to customers by providing outstanding analysis, design, and guidance on projects
- Learn new technologies to help provide the right solutions to customers.
- Work through the complete life cycle of a project.
- Flexware is a place where we work as a team, so you will be asked to do other tasks and responsibilities that may not be described here.
- Perform at a high level to provide solutions to customers problems by going the extra mile.
**Please note that we are not accepting applications from individuals that require sponsorship now or in the future.**WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE DONE BEFORE
Flexdogs are a rare breed of engineers. They come from varied backgrounds but typically have some of the following traits:
- Have a technical Bachelor’s degree such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering. Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineer Technology, or similar degrees
- Have several years (5+) of experience in a manufacturing environment working with other SCADA or MES applications.
- Extensive experience working with OPC Servers and tag data
- Ability to understand PLC and PLC logic and programming with preference toward the Rockwell Platform
- Experience with some of the following high level programming languages:
- Experience with one or more operational data historians such as OSI PI or Rockwell FactoryTalk Historian
- Experience working with HMI/SCADA/OEE solutions such as Ignition, Wonderware, TrakSYS, or Rockwell products
- Experience working with SQL or Oracle Databases including writing medium to complex queries, stored procedures, functions, and triggers.
- Integrated hardware such as barcode scanners, scales, printers, etc.
- Interacted with customers and vendors to resolve comments and requested changes
- Exercised strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated high commitment to quality and ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently
Flexware’s purpose is to unleash the potential of technology, freeing people to focus on what’s next.
Our internal promise to our Flexdogs is to have an impact on you and your family by creating a healthy and engaging work environment. We believe to be a Flexdog you live out our four core values in your personal and professional life.
Flexware offers a competitive salary, benefits package, and a semi-annual profit-sharing bonus. Our environment is fun, family-friendly, energetic and was nominated for TechPoint’s Mira Award for “Company Culture of the Year” in 2017.
Flexware has two Indiana-based offices located in Fishers and Valparaiso. As our business continues to grow, we are building a new headquarters building in the Nickel Plate District of downtown Fishers.
If you’re interested in becoming a Flexdog, let’s have a conversation! Please reach out to Matt Heiden at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your inquiry and conversation will be treated with confidentiality and we will not share your information with others. We look forward to speaking with you!