Flexware exists to unleash the potential of technology, freeing people to focus on what’s next.
Our promise to our employees is to have a positive and lasting impact on you and your family by creating a healthy and engaging work environment.
What it means to be a Flexdog
Mission first, troops always.
At some point over the last 20 years, the term “Flexdogs” was coined for our team members here at Flexware. It is a strong and endearing term that speaks to our character.
Our inspiration comes from building innovative technology solutions that free people to focus on what’s next. Guided by our core values, we do our work in a manner that leaves a positive and lasting impact on everyone around us. This is what makes us different. This is what makes us Flexdogs.
Meet some of the Flexdogs
As Flexdogs, we don’t believe we’re meant to sit around and do nothing. We want to get out and run, we want to be pulling and leading, we want to be blazing new trails and helping our customers get where they need to go.
The benefits of working at Flexware
We differentiate ourselves by our culture and the way we treat our employees.
- Open PTO (We recognize that vacation and personal time is essential to maintaining a positive work-life balance)
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
- HSA/FSA Options
- 401k with Matching
- $40 Monthly Health Club Credit
- Employee Referral Program
- Internal Lunch & Learns
- Fun Employee Activities
- Quarterly Company Meetings
- Modern Work Space (New Building Coming Soon!)
Join the Flexware team
The FlexDogs say the company is a fast-paced fun place to work where everyone’s contribution is valued. The company’s growth creates new opportunities for young team members, and personal and professional growth is supported and encouraged. Trust is important at Flexware. It starts at the top with Scott Whitlock’s belief that Flexware’s success depends on everyone’s contribution and personal growth.
Flexware wants to hear from talented professionals who want to leverage their knowledge, skills, and experience to help clients solve complex business problems. If you have strong technical skills, keen business sense, and the ability to grow both professionally and personally, send your resume to email@example.com
Embedded Linux Developer
Office: Headquarters, IN
Location: Fishers, IN
Flexware Innovation is a leading technology integrator who helps forward thinkers in manufacturing and related industries build comprehensive and long-lasting solutions with ease.
Founded in 1996, Flexware continues to help companies leverage technology to solve real business problems. Flexware has teams of engineers focused on industrial controls, manufacturing systems integration, software development, business intelligence, and Internet of Things (IoT) devices. Our passion is helping our customers build solutions that stand the test of time by creating solid architecture and helping customers avoid costly design mistakes.
You will be working on Flexware’s Products Team helping to build long lasting solutions. This role will build IoT products for our partners. You will be responsible for developing embedded code and assisting with product design and development. There will be work on platforms that are mature, as well as some ground-up development. You will be challenged to come up with innovative solutions that will free our customers to focus on what they do best.
- Develop high quality code on Linux platforms using primarily C and C++
- Collaborate on feature development in a small team environment
- Assist in the design and development of all aspects of IoT solution creation
- Work with development tools and technologies such as Git, ZeroMQ, GPB, SQLite, OpenCV, Linux kernel space, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, audio and video streaming, Raspberry PI Compute Module, and cross compiling for ARM processors
Flexware is looking for an individual that is extremely detail-oriented with respect to feature design, development, source code management, and testing.
**Please note that we are not interviewing candidates that require sponsorship now or in the future**
Flexdogs are a rare breed of engineers. They come from varied backgrounds but typically have some of the following traits:
- Received a Bachelor’s degree such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar technical degree
- Have several years of experience (5+) working in a professional environment with embedded product development
- Developed using Linux platforms in a professional setting (5+ years)
- Worked in a team environment, collaborating on solutions and assisting in other areas where needed
Flexware’s purpose is to unleash the potential of technology, freeing people to focus on what’s next.
Our internal promise to our Flexdogs is to have an impact on you and your family by creating a healthy and engaging work environment. We believe to be a Flexdog you live out our four core values in your personal and professional life.
Flexware offers a competitive salary, benefits package, and a semi-annual profit-sharing bonus. Our environment is fun, family-friendly, energetic and was nominated for TechPoint’s Mira Award for “Company Culture of the Year” in 2017.
Flexware has two Indiana-based offices located in Fishers and Valparaiso. As our business continues to grow, we are building a new headquarters building in the Nickel Plate District of downtown Fishers.
If you’re interested in becoming a Flexdog, let’s have a conversation! Please reach out to Matt Heiden at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your inquiry and conversation will be treated with confidentiality and we will not share your information with others. We look forward to speaking with you!