Flexware exists to unleash the potential of technology, freeing people to focus on what’s next.
Our promise to our employees is to have a positive and lasting impact on you and your family by creating a healthy and engaging work environment.
What it means to be a Flexdog
Mission first, troops always.
At some point over the last 20 years, the term “Flexdogs” was coined for our team members here at Flexware. It is a strong and endearing term that speaks to our character.
Our inspiration comes from building innovative technology solutions that free people to focus on what’s next. Guided by our core values, we do our work in a manner that leaves a positive and lasting impact on everyone around us. This is what makes us different. This is what makes us Flexdogs.
Meet some of the Flexdogs
As Flexdogs, we don’t believe we’re meant to sit around and do nothing. We want to get out and run, we want to be pulling and leading, we want to be blazing new trails and helping our customers get where they need to go.
The benefits of working at Flexware
We differentiate ourselves by our culture and the way we treat our employees.
- Open PTO (We recognize that vacation and personal time is essential to maintaining a positive work-life balance)
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
- HSA/FSA Options
- 401k with Matching
- $40 Monthly Health Club Credit
- Employee Referral Program
- Internal Lunch & Learns
- Fun Employee Activities
- Quarterly Company Meetings
- Modern Work Space (New Building Coming Soon!)
Join the Flexware team
The FlexDogs say the company is a fast-paced fun place to work where everyone’s contribution is valued. The company’s growth creates new opportunities for young team members, and personal and professional growth is supported and encouraged. Trust is important at Flexware. It starts at the top with Scott Whitlock’s belief that Flexware’s success depends on everyone’s contribution and personal growth.
Flexware wants to hear from talented professionals who want to leverage their knowledge, skills, and experience to help clients solve complex business problems. If you have strong technical skills, keen business sense, and the ability to grow both professionally and personally, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Department: Integration Team
Office: Headquarters, IN
Location: Fishers, IN
What Flexware Does
Flexware Innovation is a leading technology integrator who helps forward thinkers in manufacturing and related industries build comprehensive and long-lasting solutions with ease.
Founded in 1996, Flexware continues to help companies leverage technology to solve real business problems with teams of engineers focused on software development, automation engineering, manufacturing systems integration, business intelligence, and Internet of Things (IoT) devices. Our passion is helping our customers build solutions that stand the test of time by creating solid architecture and helping customers avoid costly design mistakes.What You Will Do
You will be responsible for deploying and supporting client projects on Flexware’s Integration Team within a pharmaceutical environment. This could include working with a multitude of technologies such as PLC controls and automation, OPC Servers, HMI and SCADA development, custom software development, integrating databases, working with data historians and OEE’s, among other things. You will be responsible for engaging with the customer, guiding and leading them through solutions, and ultimately delivering successful projects. Given this is a consulting role, these are some of the things you can expect to do as a Systems Engineer:
While the below list signifies different systems and technologies that our Integration team comes in contact with, the candidate does not need to have experience with ALL systems listed below. Currently Flexware is searching for a systems engineer that has more experience in the Rockwell HMI Platfroms (FactoryTalk View) with some experience in some of the other areas listed below:
- Design and development of multiple technologies such as but not limited to
- HMI and SCADA such as Ignition, Wonderware, TrakSYS, and others
- Data Historians such as OSI PI or Rockwell FactoryTalk Historian
- Databases using SQL Server or Oracle
- Operational Reporting using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) or similar tools
- Custom application development using C#/.NET or similar programming languages
- Develop and configure interfaces with third party software tools/utilities such as OPC Servers
- Assist in the design of technical solutions and implement projects utilizing Flexware and customer standards
- Support, maintain, and enhance deployed solutions in multiple environments
- Assist customers in defining solution requirement and project success metrics with fellow engineers
- Develop and implement long term solutions using technology that is best suited for the customer
- Participate and perform action items as a team member that may involve other engineers and cross-functional team members.
- Ability to provide detailed documentation
- Must be adaptable to new production trends and have an aptitude for technology and a desire to learn new trends and technologies
- Perform other duties as necessary
Flexdogs are a rare breed of engineers. They come from varied backgrounds but typically have some of the following traits:
- Have a technical Bachelor’s degree such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering. Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineer Technology, or similar degrees
- Have several years (4+) of experience either:
- In a manufacturing environment working with other SCADA or MES applications (highly preferred)
- Or if not in a manufacturing environment, you may have built COTS applications with different technologies emphasizing on databases.
- Experience with design and development of Operational reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Extensive experience working with OPC Servers and tag data
- Ability to understand PLC and PLC logic and programming with preference toward the Rockwell Platform
- Experience with high level programming with C#.NET or similar programming languages
- Experience with one or more operational data historians such as OSI PI or Rockwell FactoryTalk Historian
- Experience working with HMI/SCADA/OEE solutions such as Ignition, Wonderware, TrakSYS, or Rockwell products
- Experience working with SQL or Oracle Databases including writing medium to complex queries, stored procedures, functions, and triggers.
- Integrated hardware such as barcode scanners, scales, printers, etc.
- Interacted with customers and vendors to resolve comments and requested changes
- Exercised strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated high commitment to quality and ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently
**Please note that we are not accepting applications from candidates that would require sponsorship now or in the future.Flexware’s Core Purpose and Beliefs
Flexware’s purpose to unleash the potential of technology, freeing people to focus on what’s next.
Our internal promise to our Flexdogs is to have an impact on families by providing a healthy work environment and engaging work environment. We believe to be a Flexdog you have to fit our Four Core Values as we live these out on a daily basis.
Flexware offers competitive salary and benefits packages, as well as performance-based bonuses. Our environment is fun, family-friendly, energetic and was nominated for TechPoint’s Mira Award for “Company Culture of the Year” in 2017.
Flexware has two Indiana-based offices located in Fishers and Valparaiso. As our business continues to grow, we are building a new headquarters in the Nickel Plate District of downtown Fishers.
If you’re interested in becoming a Flexdog, let’s have a conversation! Please reach out to Matt Heiden at email@example.com. Your inquiry and conversation will be treated with confidentiality and we will not share your information with others. We look forward to speaking with you!