To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
The QA Tester/QA Engineer will work on a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Deployment with a client of Flexware. This is a multi-year implementation of multiple locations. The QA Tester/ QA Engineer will help ensure that a superior product is delivered through manual and automated testing, while maintaining adherence to tight delivery schedules, under the guidance of the project Quality Engineering Lead/Architect.
**Please note that at this time we are not considering candidates that require sponsorship now or in the future.
- Perform Sanity and Regression testing against the QA Environment ensuring successful deployments as new functionality is added. This includes:
- MES ↔ PLC interactions
- MES ↔ SAP interactions
- MES reporting validation
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases against customer requirements, validating both expected passing behavior and expected failure scenarios.
- Validate bug fixes.
- Create Coded UI (not record/playback) automated tests exercising functional against a web front end with SQL database validation.
Knowledge and Experience
- 5+ years of experience executing tests within a test case management system. Specific experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server a plus.
- 2+ years of writing coded UI tests against a web front end
- Experience using defect tracking systems
- Knowledge and experience writing SQL queries and working with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with windows networking and TCP/IP protocols.
- Experience with Windows Server is preferred but not required
- Full understanding of the SDLC within an Agile environment
- Experience in a Manufacturing Setting and working with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) is not required, but highly preferred
Scope of Interaction
As a QA Tester/QA Engineer you will interact with multiple business units, developers, manager, IT personnel, and end users. You will be required to be able to communicate with all parties and relay your results.
Problem Solving Environment
It is critical that the QA Tester/QA Engineer possess a strong understanding of each business unit and what is needed. This can involve analyzing detailed application logs, server logs and TCP/IP packet captures. At times, this may require the creation of abstract tests to isolate a specific failure.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
This job description does not state or imply that the above duties and responsibilities are the only ones assigned to this position. The employee holding this position may be requested to perform additional duties.
About Flexware Innovation
Flexware Innovation was founded over 20 years ago with one goal in mind – to help manufacturing businesses operate more efficiently by solving their most complex problems. Each day, we continue to achieve this goal through the utilization of software, automation, and continuous improvement strategies.
Our core purpose is to have a positive and lasting impact on our families, clients, and community through a healthy work environment and innovative problem-solving.
Staffed with well-rounded technical and business experts, our firm has a history of success in helping clients improve productivity, minimize downtime, reduce costs, and accomplish business goals. Flexware offers competitive salary and benefits packages, as well as performance-based bonuses. Our environment is fun, family-friendly, and energetic.
Your opportunity starts with a conversation. If this sounds like a role you would like more information on, please apply on this posting or send your qualifications to Matt Heiden at email@example.com. All inquiries will be treated confidentially and your resume will never be sent anywhere without your consent and awareness. We look forward to talking to you!