- Company: Flexware Innovation
- Location: 9128 Technology Lane, Fishers, IN 46038
The Sr. Automation Engineers analyzes user requirements and the design of process and/or mechanical equipment to design automation systems that will cause the equipment to function in the desired manner. They analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to identify the system components and develop the design and functional specifications for the automation systems. They are responsible for the interface between the hardware and software development for the automation system.
- Provide support to client’s functions during the manufacturing process to bring designs to completion.
- Attend and/or lead design reviews with customers to resolve technical issues.
- Participate and perform action items as a team member or lead projects involving other engineers and cross-functional team members.
- Establish standards, templates, and guidelines as applied to the automation system using the information gathered in the definition stage and considering human-factor effects in order to satisfy customer design criteria and preferences
- Select the physical communications media, network architecture, and protocols based on data requirements in order to complete system design and support systems development
- Define the data structure layout and data flow model considering the volume and type of data involved in order to provide specifications for hardware selection and software development
- Develop a functional description of the automation solution (e.g. control scheme, alarms, HMI, reports) using rules established in the definition stage in order to guide development and programming
- Design and install wiring to reliably communicate information between measurement and control element devices and control equipment
- Calibrate, troubleshoot, test, repair, and improve sensing, measurements, and actuation devices
- Develop Human Machine Interface (HMI) in accordance with the design documents in order to meet the functional requirements
- Assemble all required documentation and user manuals created during the development process in order to transfer essential knowledge to customers and end users
- Responsible for automation and controls systems design, specifications, programming, simulation, testing, as well as start-up assistance
- Provide detailed documentation
- Perform safety and/or hazard analyses, security analyses, and regulatory compliance assessments by identifying key issues and risks in order to comply with applicable standards, policies, and regulations
- Perform other duties as necessary
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or similar degree
- Experienced in HMI or SCADA programming and configuration of any of the following: Rockwell, Ignition, Wonderware, Apriso, Parsec, Siemens, etc.
- Must be proficient in PLC logic and programming with any of the following: Allen Bradley, Modicon, GE Fanuc, Siemens, AutomationDirect,, etc.
- Proficient in panel design and layout, bill of materials, and wiring schematic capabilities
- Must be able to interact with customers and vendors and resolve comments and requested changes
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must demonstrate high commitment to quality and ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently
- Must be adaptable to new production trends and have an aptitude for technology and desire to learn new trends and technologies
- Ability to mentor and lead teams with outstanding communication skills
Scope of Interaction
As a Flexware Sr. Automation Engineer you will interact in multiple environments with customers and fellow Engineers. You will be assisting other resources to provide solutions to customers. This resource must have excellent analysis and design skills, and must have the desire and ability to learn new technologies and tools quickly.
Problem Solving Environment
It is critical that the Sr. Automation Engineer possess a strong understanding of the full life cycle of a project. This individual must be able to manage projects and provide guidance during establishment of business requirements, white boarding sessions, workshops, providing scope of projects, and high-level design of a solution.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
This job description does not state or imply that the above duties and responsibilities are the only ones assigned to this position. The employee holding this position may be requested to perform additional duties.
About Flexware Innovation
Flexware Innovation was founded over 20 years ago with one goal in mind – to help manufacturing businesses operate more efficiently by solving their most complex problems. Each day, we continue to achieve this goal through the utilization of software, automation, and continuous improvement strategies.
Our core purpose is to have a positive and lasting impact on our families, clients, and community through a healthy work environment and innovative problem solving.
Staffed with well-rounded technical and business experts, our firm has a history of success with helping clients improve productivity, minimize downtime, reduce costs, and accomplish business goals. Flexware offers competitive salary and benefits packages, as well as performance-based bonuses. Our environment is fun, family-friendly, and energetic.
Your opportunity starts with a conversation. If this sounds like a role you would like more information on, please apply on this posting or send your qualifications to Matt Heiden at firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be treated confidentially and your resume will never be sent anywhere without your consent and awareness. We look forward to talking to you!