One of the keys to any successful business is being able to come up with progressive ideas to keep operations, products and services fresh by staying up-to-date on the latest tech trends such as IoT. The Internet of Things (IoT) holds enormous promise for many companies, but if you’re like most, it’s confusing on where to start.
Here are 10 things to consider before implementing IoT into your organization:
- Avoid the Buzz and define and build the business case.
- IoT solutions should always be leveraged for other divisions of the organization.
- IoT isn’t a department or division of a company; it’s an ongoing journey or program that impacts the company at multiple levels.
- IoT isn’t a technology; it’s utilizing existing technologies to provide unique solutions to real problems.
- IoT requires continuous improvements and updates to stay current with technology and meet evolving requirements for the solutions.
- IoT has two key elements to any solution; Collecting the data and leveraging the data to gain insight.
- IoT requires a fine balance between monetizing data and protecting privacy.
- IoT requires an internal leader, advocate and expert.
- Customer expectations have risen to a level where IoT is now required.
- IoT will change they way your company operates.
Curious about all of Flexware Innovation, Inc.’s capabilities in regards to IoT and business intelligence? Check us out here and learn more.
Still trying to wrap your head around IoT? Check out our new ebook that explores commons myths around IoT.